- The team to be trained has a lack of knowledge and skill in Analysis for instructional design.
Project Scope: Train a team to conduct Analysis to be used for instructional design.
Outcome 1: Job Analysis
- Standard: Majority of Analysis Team agrees the input is accurate and complete.
Outcome 3: Learner Analysis
Outcome 4: Trainer Analysis
- Outcome: Job Analysis
- Task: Collect Extant Data
- Prerequisite Knowledge and Skills:
- Be able to identify credible sources.
- Be able to search through documentation and locate information.
- Required Materials
- Computer with internet access and/or access to published research on the subject.
- Accuracy: Extant data is from credible sources. Extant data is relevant to the subject.
- Completeness: None
- Time: None
- Library or computer terminal with internet access.
- No barriers to Job Aids.
- Frequency compared to other tasks
- Low Frequency: Three times per year or less.
- Task: Interview Master Performers
- Task: Interview Accomplished Performers
- Task: Analyze collected data
- Task: Conduct Review
- Task: Complete Job Analysis
Collecting this level of data for each task will require a greater deal of time. At the very, I try to get the conditions and standards for each task.
The next step is to work with your Subject Matter Expert to remove any unnecessary tasks. With that complete you can determine which tasks should be best delivered via Job Aid, Information Delivery System (handout, email, pamplet, elearning, etc) or Instructor Led Training. For those tasks requiring training, you can now develop objectives. As I mentioned in my last blog, if you have enough time, you might consider doing a Content Analysis before moving on to Objectives. However, my experience is that time is limited, and the Content Analysis will likely need to wait until the Design Phase.
Here is how I would handle the Objectives for the analysis thus far:
Behavior: COMPLETE a Job Analysis
Condition: Given a computer with internet access
Standard: So that a majority of the Analysis team agrees the input is complete.
Unit 1.0: Analysis
TPO 1.1 Given a computer with internet access, the student will COMPLETE a Job Analysis so that a majority of the Analysis team agrees the input is accurate and complete.
- EO 1.1.1 Given a computer with internet access, COLLECT Extant Data that is from credible sources and relevant to the subject.
- EO 1.1.2 INTERVIEW Master Performers.
- EO 1.1.3 INTERVIEW Accomplished Performers.
- EO 1.1.4 ANALYZE collected data.
- EO 1.1.5 CONDUCT Job Analysis review.
- EO 1.1.6 COMPLETE Job Analysis
TPO 1.2: Task Analysis
TPO 1.3: Learner Analysis
TPO 1.4: Trainer Analysis